Sunday, January 10, 2010

Disneyland

This year Mom, Dad, the Christensens, and the Andaverdes all headed down to LA for some Disneyland fun. We also went to Universal Studios which I will include in a separate post. We knew we couldn't do our usual one day extravaganza, so instead we took a few days to take it a bit easier (although it still felt jam-packed to me).
Walking to Disneyland on the first day (we were about 4 blocks away):
On Disneyland main street:







New Year's Eve-- Mom and Dad were sick and had to go home to bed around 10pm. I had to go home and take care of the baby, so Brandon, Erika, and Saul had to ring in the new year with twice as much gusto.
Pictures in front of the Disneyland Main Street Christmas tree;
The manly men:


Saul the mighty stroller wielder:

Mom, Mickey, Donald, and Andreas

Our pilgrimage to the Small World ride:Andreas before he knew about the Small World ride:
Andreas after we told him about the Small World ride. This should have been a sign:


We had seen someone lose a shoe on a water ride earlier that day, so I guess it was a little taste of things to come when Erika lost her shoe getting on the Small World boat while carrying Andreas. Wet shoe anyone?





The boys waiting for the shoppers to return:
In front of Soarin'
During the nightly snowfall (which was actually some sort of sudsy material). I couldn't resist posting this picture of Mom:
Notice the perfectly captured balloon:



While waiting to get on the Disneyland Railroad:

This was on Mom's birthday. Since Disneyland opened in 1955 (same year my Mom was born) and she turned 55, we thought this sweatshirt was appropriate. Happy Birthday Mom!
In front of the California Adventure Christmas tree:
The potato head pictures (part of the new toy story ride):

1 comment:

  1. Wow--Gretchen. This is like a TON of pictures! So cute! I want to go to Universal Studios too. I'm glad you had a good Christmas with lots of family.

    ReplyDelete