Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

The Best:
Saturday night Andreas slept from 7:30pm to 6:30am without waking. Saul and I couldn't believe it and had to keep checking to make sure he hadn't been kidnapped. When we realized what had happened we thanked our lucky stars and started to remember what normal life felt like. We could get used to this!!!

The Worst:
Monday night 7:30pm - we put Andreas to bed at the usual time
9:30 - Saul and I go to bed (on time for the first time in a while)
11:30pm - Andreas wakes up. We feed him and put him back to bed.
1:00am - Andreas wakes up again (very unusual). We let him put himself back to sleep.
3:00am - Sam calls and says that Tiffany needs to go to the emergency room and doesn't provide many details. Saul gets up and goes over to their house to babysit Zoe (who is still sleeping).
3:05-3:30am - I lay in bed trying to get back to sleep but awaiting text messages from Saul on what exactly is going on with Tiffany. Turns out she had too much calcium and was feeling pretty bad. Sam took her to the hospital and she was admitted. After the news, I drift back to sleep.
5:00am - Andreas wakes up again. I feed him again and put him back to bed -- he was drifting off in the middle of the feeding anyway. My alarm is set to go off in 10 minutes for work, so I get up and login to my work computer. I rearrange my work schedule so that I can work from home for the day and go into the office Wednesday.
8:00am - Andreas wakes up again (this time for good). Saul calls and says that someone from the ward is going to help out with Zoe so he will be able to watch Andreas at 8:15am.

Needless to say it was a bit rough working for the rest of the day. I may be starting to come down with a cold on top of it all.

But, there it is! You just never know what each day is going to bring. So it is true -- the good isn't permanent and the bad isn't permanent. But it sure is unpredictable!

On a side note, Andreas turned 5 months this weekend and has been rolling over on a fairly regular basis -- front to back and back to front. He also pushes off of the ground when he is on his back, so it is kind of like a reverse crawl. Won't be long until he is mobile!




This one looks like Andreas is taking his own picture. He's advanced, but not quite to that point yet....

Here we caught him mid-roll

1 comment:

  1. Poor Tiffany!!! Look at your big roller!!! May I just say though I was there for his first one:)

    ReplyDelete