Saturday, February 6, 2010

Buttermilk Galore

This week we had another cooking catastrophe that can go down in the annals of history with Aaron's using Mapeline in place of vanilla in the chocolate chip cookies. Saul wanted to do something nice for breakfast so he decided to make waffles. We did not have any buttermilk, so I suggested using the powdered buttermilk. Due to the additional complexity this involves, I tried to explain how it all worked, but Saul balked at my lack of confidence (I think you see where this is going). My thought was, if he screwed up like I thought he might, there would be no way he would be able to use 2 cups of the powder -- the container isn't that big -- and that he would figure out to read the directions. Well, somehow he managed to pull a few cups of powder out of that tiny container. The waffles were so heavily buttermilked it nearly knocked you out. And since Saul did the taste test and didn't really understand what had happened, he ate enough of the said waffles that I am pretty sure he cried buttermilk when we watched Benjamin Button last night.

And since no post would be complete without more pictures of Andreas, here you go!

I like this picture because it looks like he is being pushed against the chair by some ultra strong g-force. Hold on kiddo!

Don't be deceived -- he HATES this outfit. I think because he wants to eat the hood, but somehow it is always just out of reach

1 comment:

  1. Have u tried my recipe for buttermilk syrup yet? It might have helped the waffles go down:) But really u should try it sometime cuz it's really good. Cute pics of Andreas! I'm awaiting pics w/ the outfit I gave him:)

    ReplyDelete